Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hotel in Gillette, Wyoming

Recently, while returning from Colorado with the family, I had the opportunity to spend a night in Gillette, Wyoming.  Gillette is a town that seems to be growing as a result of the boom in mining and energy production in Wyoming.  It's also close to I-90, which is a plus because of the long distances between stops through much of Wyoming.

We did not take I-90 to get to this destination, however.  Our route took us over Wyoming 59, AKA the South Douglas Highway.  This is one of the more remote roads that I have ever traveled, with only a couple of "towns" in a drive that exceeded an hour.  Gillette breaks the remoteness for the northbound traveler. 

The hotel that we chose for the night was the Fairfield Inn and Suites.  I chose this hotel because I could get Marriott Rewards points at a price that was comparable to other hotels in the area.  There are several hotels in the area, but most came in with a price around $100.  After staying at the hotel, I can recommend it, especially for those with children.  Included in the price for lodging for Marriott Rewards members is a fairly nice indoor water park.  There were a couple of water slides, a lazy river, and an area for smaller children (which was perfect for my family). 

In addition to a clean room and the water park, there was also a standard Fairfield Inn breakfast that did a good job of starting off the next morning.  The weather was quite cool and drizzly (as it seemed to be throughout our time in Wyoming), but it was nonetheless a good stay that pleased my children immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment