Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2500 Delta Skymiles in 5 minutes

This deal is now dead. I got 2,000 deducted because I did not eat at a Delta Dining establishment. Frequently, there are opportunities for free airline miles that take very little time or effort. One of these opportunities is available from the Delta Skymiles Dining Program. Those who sign up for the program and create an online profile before October 1, 2012, can pad their accounts by at least 500 Skymiles. There is the possibility to pocket 2,500.

I decided to try this over the weekend after I heard about it. I checked my Delta account today, expecting to see the 500 points that were supposed to accrue from signing up. The other 2,000 miles are supposed to show up after dining at one of the restaurants and filling out a review within 30 days (unfortunately there are none in the network near Grand Forks). When I looked into the account activity, it showed that I had been credited with the full 2,500 miles. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but the entire process took less than five minutes. Most people value miles at around 1 cent each. So, that's about $25 worth for less than 5 minutes of work. Again, the link to sign up should be good until October 1, 2012.

Many people may think that 2,500 miles is not worth the effort. That's 1/10 of a domestic flight, and with other ways to get miles without flying, a free flight is ever so closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment