Monday, September 3, 2012

Hawaiian Points Toolbar--One Month

Last month, I discussed the Hawaiian Airlines toolbar that computer users can install to earn one point for every three searches. Users are limited to 5,000 miles per month with this tool. I searched for the month of August because I downloaded the toolbar around the first of the month to see if I could come close to the limit.

I did not. After a month of searching, I was able to rack up just under 90 Hawaiian Miles in my new account. Does this mean that this toolbar is useless? No. Just last month, I booked a trip for my 10th Anniversary. I had to transfer Marriott Rewards Points to Delta Skymiles because I was just over 100 points short of having the amount needed for the tickets. A couple of months with a Delta toolbar would have come in handy and saved me thousands of Marriott Rewards. Delta does not appear to have a search toolbar, but it does show that a handful of airline miles can make all the difference when booking a reward.

I still have the Hawaiian Miles toolbar, and at the rate I'm going, I may have enough for an inter-island ticket in about 10 years. The good news is that the miles aren't really costing me anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment