Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Aruba Vacation for under $300

Over the holidays, I was able to take an anniversary trip to the tropical Caribbean island of Aruba. The list price of this trip was around $2,100 when priced looking at the Delta and Marriott websites. However, by using Delta Skymiles and Marriott Rewards points, I was able to score the trip for the not-so-expensive price of about $298. I've written how I was able to accomplish this on another site.

Looking out at the Caribbean from the Private Island
 Some people may think that hotel points and airline miles are a waste of time because they travel infrequently. This is not the case. Before the past two years, I traveled sporadically. It took me over seven years to accumulate enough miles and points to make this trip work out. I'm hoping that with my newfound methods learned for earning points and miles that I will be able to make these trips happen more often. Here's to hoping that the vendors do not change their programs substantially.

Our Room at the Renaissance Aruba Resort

I reviewed my hotel stay at the Renaissance Aruba Resort and the Discover Aruba Tour that my wife and I were able to take on another site. The hotel was not the nicest I've stayed in, but the location was just about perfect. The tour took place on an air-conditioned bus that was quite comfortable. There are many great eating and shopping establishments in the capital of Oranjestad and the Palm Beach area. Of course, it goes without saying that the weather in Aruba beat the weather for just about all of the United States. It was around 86 degrees each day of the stay. My hotel had a private barrier island that could only be accessed by its guests. Thanks to Marriott Rewards and Delta SkyMiles, I was able to experience the most relaxing time I've had in (probably) years.

An Aruba Sunset from Our Restaurant on the Marina


No comments:

Post a Comment